(Dandavats.com) – [Note: as of today, only 42 homages have been sumbited from around the world, and the deadline ends in two weeks]
Dear follower of Srila Prabhupada,
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
NOTE: This year a new team of devotees will be producing Srila Prabhupada’s Vyasa-puja book. Therefore please do not send your homage to Dravida Das at firstname.lastname@example.org but rather to Ananda Tirtha Das at Ananda.Tirtha.email@example.com.
Kindly submit your homage to Srila Prabhupada for his 2023 Vyasa-puja book by April 15. Given the team is new to this service, the deadline is non-negotiable.
In addition, if you’re a direct disciple of Srila Prabhupada, please check out www.sptributes.com to learn about a Vyasa-puja book open to all his disciples. The deadline for submission to this book is also April 15.
The standards for submitting a homage to the Vyasa-puja book are as follows:
*Absolutely no homages will be accepted after April 15, 2023.*
Homages must be in English.
Please restrict the length to a maximum of 2,500 words.
Do not “recycle” an homage – no homages from previous years will be accepted.
The Vyasa-puja book is meant for glorifying Srila Prabhupada, not venting grievances. We reserve the right to reject an homage it deems inappropriate or to ask for a rewrite.
When writing an homage on behalf of a temple or other unit, please try to write in such a way that the other devotees in your unit can also identify with the homage.
1) Who may write a homage?
a) Governing Body Commissioners
b) GBC Emeriti
c) ISKCON Sannyasis
d) Authorized representatives of ISKCON temples, preaching centers, farms, gurukulas, BBT offices, ministries, and “others,” such as BTG magazine and ISCOWP (this is not a complete list). If there is some doubt, we will request you to send written authorization from your GBC representative.
2) No multiple homages. For example, a temple should not enlist all its bhaktas to write homages under the temple heading. Joint authorship (2-4 devotees) of a single homage is fine.
3) Please make sure you tell us where the homage originates. For example: New Vamsivata (the Madagascar farm community), NOT just New Vamsivata. If we don’t know where the homage comes from, we will not print it.
4) If you’re quoting something Srila Prabhupada said or wrote, it has to be confirmed by the VedaBase. If we can’t find the quote in the VedaBase, we’ll omit it from the homage.
5) Submit your homage by emailing it to Ananda Tirtha Dasa at Ananda.Tirtha.firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Homages may be submitted any time from now until April 15, 2023. We will confirm receipt of your homage by e-mail. If you do not receive a confirmation, resend it.
7) We are not responsible for lost homages.
Hoping this meets you well, we remain
Your servants on the new Vyasa-puja book team,
Ananda Tirtha Das Mukhya DD (ACBSP) Satya Medha Gauranga Das Shyama Rasika Das Praghosa Das