(krishnatemple.com) – Harmonium for beginners – Bhaktivedanta Manor
If you have always wanted to learn how to play the harmonium and sing under the guidance of a highly experienced teacher, this is your opportunity. Through theory and practical application from basic to more advanced levels, you’ll get an understanding of the complete science of music.
One key course-book that will be used is “A Vaisnava Harmonium & Singing Method” by Ramanujacharya das, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada.
The 16-week course will cover:
- Rhythm and Rhythmic cycles (Taals)
- Finding your vocal style and rhythm
- Understanding traditional and western musical styles
- Various positions of ‘Sa’, and playing the basic scale
- An explanation of the notation used for musical selections, and much more
- Plus practical singing and playing, of course!
By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive appreciation of music and be able to practice as a vocalist, songwriter, musician, composer, arranger and producer through the ragas.